Wing Shooting | Sandhill Crane Hunt
The opportunity to hunt Sandhill Cranes is rare and special. The harvest of their meat offers a culinary experience unparalleled and is something to be cherished. For this reason, Spoke Hollow travels to the Texas high plains a limited number of times a year to hunt these birds. We invite you to join us, along with our friends Taner and Blaine McNabb, for a unique experience with big rewards.
Sandhill cranes are some of the oldest living birds on Earth with fossils dating back 2.5 million years. These tall, gray-bodied, red-capped birds can reach a height of 3 to 4 feet with wingspans of 6 to 7 feet. They group in large numbers and are found in open wetlands, fields, and prairies across North America.
- November 18-20, 2022
- December 9-11, 2022
- January 6-8, 2023
- Two full days of hunting and two nights of lodging (in Lubbock)
- Layout blinds and full body decoys
- Professional guides
- Chef prepared gourmet meals
- All food and beverage included
- Daily bag limit is 3 birds
- Bird processing
- Shotgun and ammunition provided upon request
- Interested in a larger group, give us a call us at 512-842-7220 or email at email@example.com
- Not included: taxes and gratuity
Have special requests or questions, call us at 512-842-7220 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day 1: Arrive at 3:00pm appetizers and 6:00pm dinner
- Day 2: 5:00am wake up and travel to field (breakfast), 11:00am hunt ends and return to the house, 12:30pm lunch, afternoon free, 6:00pm dinner
- Day 3: 5:00am wake up and travel to field (breakfast), 11:00am hunt ends and return to the house, 12:30pm lunch and check out
Special Permit Required:
Make sure that you have the migratory bird endorsement on your license. When hunting sandhill crane, you have to obtain a crane permit, which can only be done at a Texas Parks and Wildlife Station (for free) or online at Texas Parks and Wildlife website ($5 processing fee). You may purchase your license here.