This background information will help you get prepared, but please contact us if you have further questions.
Booking a Trip
Our secure online booking system allows you to view the dates and times that work best for you. If you don’t see a time available, give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Full day trips are approximately 8 hours. Three quarter day trips are 6 hours. Half day trips are 4 hours.
- Boats holds a maximum of 3 people, 2 anglers and 1 guide. Minimum age is 8.
- Field groups are limited to 4 people. 3 hunters and 1 guide. Minimum age is 12, unless the child has passed a Hunter Safety Course.
- Fishing trips include rods, flies and water. Lunch included on full day trips.
- Hunting trips include gun, ammunition (3-4 boxes of #6 steel shot), safety vest, safety hat and safety glasses.
Equipment to Bring
We recommend appropriate clothes for the weather and event. This includes rubber soled shoes on fishing trips and close toed shoes for hunting.
Other Possible Expenses to Remember
- Guide Gratuities (average $100 per guide per day)
- Wader rental – $30 per person/day.
- Gun rental – $50/day
- Fishing Licenses Required: Resident Freshwater Fishing: $30 or 1 Day: $11 Non-Resident All-Water-Package: $68 or 1 Day $16
- Texas Hunting License Required: Resident Hunting License: $25 Non-Resident Banded Bird License $27
- Fin & Field Experience Licenses Required: Resident – Super Combo Package: $68 Non-Residents – Non-Resident Banded Bird License $27 and Non-Resident All-Water-Package: $68 or 1 Day $16
Your booking is important to us and Spoke Hollow Outfitters puts a great amount of care into being preparing for your visit. We offer very limited number of daily visits to Spoke Hollow Ranch, most often your party will be the only party hunting our 1,000 ac property. Our fishing trips are also intentionally limited in quantity to help maintain the high-quality standards that Spoke Hollow offers. Cancellations and “no-shows” can have a significant impact on the financial health of both out Outfitter and Ranch operations. We do not over-book or double book our hunted areas or fishing trips, so if you cancel your reservation, it is often difficult to fill the time reserved for you with another guest’s activities. (If we are able to fill your booking, we will adjust your cancellation charge).
- Cancellations must be in writing via mail or e-mail and you must receive written confirmation from Spoke Hollow Outfitters of receipt of your cancellation notice.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to the booking incur a $100 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received less than 30 days but more than 14 days prior to the booking have a 35% cancellation fee. The balance of your deposit will be applied to a future booking.
- Cancellations received less than 14 days but more than 7 days prior to booking have a 50% per person cancellation fee. The balance of your deposit will be applied to a future booking.
- Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the booking are charged 75% per person cancellation fee. The balance of your deposit will be applied to a future booking. “No-Shows” are charged the full value of the booking.
- If you must cancel, you can avoid a cancellation fee by finding a replacement to fill your booking.
- Rescheduling must occur within one year of the original reservation arrival date or the amount on deposit for the reservation will be forfeited.
- Spoke Hollow Outfitters reserves the right-to-cancel, postpone, or substitute an alternate activity if weather conditions prevent the delivery of the specific services reserved. Appropriate adjustments will be made to clients’ charges.
Because we’re dedicated to delivering an excellent experience every time you visit, this cancellation policy is necessary. Our policies allow us to make the most of our Outfitters limited availability and provide our guests the most enjoyable experience. Let’s be sure that we communicate and avoid unnecessary situations that result in extra expense for all of us.